Sunday, June 28, 2009

Keep Forgetting

Storm

The clouds darken; the air, it stills
Can't you taste coming? It's nearly here.
But we still walk down a dusty road
Going nowhere.

Raindrops drip down on my head.
I yearn for our warm, soft blanket.
So I turn back to head inside
But you lay me down on a bed of dirt
And say good night.

Watching you walk away, I know the truth
There's nothing left that can be done
As the rain pours down.
I won't get up.
I just close my eyes
And sink into the mud.

Breathe in. Breathe out.
You walk alone on a dusty road
Headed home.
Say goodnight.

---

That was written back in early May. I came across it and decided I needed to post it.

1 comment:

Pyro Isle Ink said...

'kay...

Goodnight.

:D

I liked it. Its like... eerie.
Even if it weren't meant to be.

Yay you! :P